The Friends of York House works alongside the whole school community to coordinate and organise fundraising events throughout the year. Friends of York House is run by a group of parent volunteers who form a Committee and as a parent/guardian, you are automatically a member. We warmly welcome all parents & guardians to join our meetings, become a Trustee or join the Committee, which rotates every two years. YHPA Constitution.
We are fortunate to have such wonderful facilities and grounds at York House School, and we try to ensure our calendar of events makes good use of these and appeals to everyone. From Fireworks Night to a Summer Street Party, we encourage everyone to get involved and are always on the lookout for new fundraising ideas. See the School Calendar for the full list of upcoming events. Calendar.
The money raised from the fundraising efforts, is truly appreciated and without your enthusiasm and support we would not have been fortunate enough to have contributed to some phenomenal initiatives across the school, like the new Library, Orchard play area, additional sports and drama equipment etc. All funding requests can be submitted here:
To find out more about the latest Friends of York House events, purchase tickets, sign up to volunteer or take a look at the merchandise we have available, head to our website www.pta-events.co.uk/yhpa.
The Friends of York House run a Second-hand Uniform Shop a useful resource for families across the school.
Some families find it useful to buy non-branded/non-crested items such as socks, shirts and school trousers from any retailer that sells school uniform (as long as the colour and appearance are the same), however these can be also purchased at the Second-hand Uniform Shop and Perry Uniform.
Many thanks to all of you who have supported the school uniform shop, either with your custom, donations. We have made £2,100 so far this year and have returned over £700 to our ‘share of sale’ sellers.
If you would like to share in the sale of your second-hand items, please follow the link below to fill in a form. Parents will receive 50% of any monies made and the other 50% will be retained by the Parents' Association and used to buy additional items for the School.
1. Please label all items clearly with your name, contact details and your child's class.
2. Any clothes that you do not wish to receive share of sale for, do not need to be labelled.
3. Please leave all donations in the school office or hand in at the shop during opening hours.
4. All money owing will be calculated at the end of each term and you will be contacted to arrange payment. Any money not collected will go in the YHPA fund.
If you have any queries, please contact the Second Hand Uniform Team.
The FoYH can supply purple personalised Towels for swimming, where your child's name can be embroidered onto the towel. If you would like to order a personalised towel, please use the form here.
1. We have new clothes labels for all ‘share of sale’ sellers to use. All clothes brought to be sold need to be labelled. Please print off the labels on the link......and fill in the details. Pin (with safety pin if possible) the label to the items and bring them to us at the shop during opening times or leave in the yellow container under the arch. Donated clothes do not need to be labelled.
2. Due to competition from high street retailers items such as school shirts, grey trousers and grey shorts need to be in tip top condition otherwise we cannot sell them.
3. We have a price list attached and we will use these prices on all items.
4. We will pay back 75% of the profit made on any item.
5. All money owing will be calculated at the end of each term. This can be paid in cash from the shop or we can write a cheque for you to be sent via childmail. All monies not claimed by the end of the following term will go to the PA fund.