York House is a co-educational preparatory school for pupils aged 3-13. The school was founded in 1910 and has been on our current site since 1966.
The school is a registered charity and is a member of IAPS (The Incorporated Association of Preparatory Schools), ISBA (The Independent Schools’ Bursars’ Association) & AGBIS (The Association of Governing Boards of Independent Schools.)
- Historic Listed building alongside modern purpose-built school facilities.
- 50 Acres
- 8 sports pitches, Smallholding with rescue animals, 25-metre swimming pool, obstacle course and outdoor classroom (the cabin) artificial-grass multi-use sports pitch.
- Drama Studio, Art Studio, library, IT room, Sports Hall, Music Room, Dining Hall, Pre Prep hall.
- 27 classrooms.
- Student Numbers: 403 pupils (as of Summer 2023)
- More than 100 extracurricular activities and clubs
- Wrap around care from 0730 - 1800
- York House pupils represent the school in badminton, cricket, cross-country, fencing, football, general knowledge, hockey, mathematics, music, rounders, rugby, swimming & triathlon
- The school puts high importance, and time commitment, to curriculum areas such as Art, Drama, Music, Outdoor Education & Sport
- Average class size: 16 (with the maximum from Reception upwards being 18)
- Around one-third of pupils typically leave at 11+ to selective and desirable state schools
- 13+ destinations are normally around three-quarters to day schools and one quarter to boarding schools